Darkswords.eu

Welcome to the DarkSwords community forum!
It is currently 22 Sep 2019, 03:04

All times are UTC + 2 hours

Forum rules

Please use this space for asking for advise and giving answers and tips to players in need. Do not be rude, we all were new to the game at some point.

Post subject: My Gold Guide (noob friendly)
PostPosted: 29 Sep 2012, 13:31 
Noob

My personal gold guid (very noob friendly)

If you've been around for a while you will probably already know all of this, so you can just move along or add something useful :)
This is the method I've been using myself and made quite good amounts of gold!!

For this to be efficient, I'd recommend having a lvl 480+ ELF, because of the massive backstabs. But if you don't have one, mage or orc will work too.

Everything is set in mutants and in Mutant Forest to be more specific. Why you ask? For a few reasons: The star,inn and bar are close by, which comes in handy when you have a full backpack.
Second - you get only a set kind of items and not gear or weapons which clutters your Inventory and gets full quick & will cost very little gold (The quality not quantity quote doesn't really apply here).

Main Drops:
Animal Drops
Chameleguar Claw
Lynxotoad Skin
Oarlegged Foot
Rateater Scull

Additional Drops:
Catalyst/Grindstone Ingredients
Meteor
Bloody Gem
Alloy Steel
Yarn

Possible Drops(on the ground):
Herbs
Ginseng
Garlic
Nightshade
Mandrake Root
Thistle

Because of the recent price increase of herbs, I think its appropriate to make this little update:
Herbs always drop after you collect the amount of exp equal or greater to your level, so you're lvl 300 and you get 150exp for a mob, you kill two and you should get a herb drop, it wont necesary be on the next square, but it will drop 100%, the herbalism level only increases the possibility of getting 2 herbs instead of 1, and also finding the rare herbs for genes (which are now useless) Also: yes divine reward or double exp days affects this, so use it to your advantage

The main profit will be from the animal drops(main drops) you can sell those to the Dump.
The additional drops(or ingridients for grindstones/catalysts) should be for personal use.
The possible drops(herbs) are also main profit you sell those at player shops for a very good price(which I insistently recommend). But you can also brew Buff pots, which I do not recommend.

Tips
*Never stay on one square and kill mobs(no more then 2) always move to get more herbs, you will not only pick a lot of herbs but also raise your herbalism level. (Im lvl 15 and most of the time get 2 herbs per square).
*Be organised, put each kind of Drop in a row to get a better view of what you have, and always keep an eye on your inventory weight.
*Use the Meteors(if you are melee character), Bloody gem(if you are mage), alloy steel, yarns for personal use, and brew your own Cats and Grinds instead of buying them (Which is dumb & expensive).
*Killing the Gryphontiger is not necesarily recommended, but if you want the extra loot go for it.

And finally heres my result after 30min of grind using this very method^ with my lvl 500 human:
20 Chameleguar Claw
24 Lynxotoad Skin
33 Oarlegged Foot
25 Rateater Scull

73 Alloy Steel
28 Yarn
4 Meteor

32 Ginseng
32 Garlic
24 Nightshade
31 Mandrake Root
30 Thistle

converting that into gold would equate to:
86700(animal drops)+16800(ingredients)+126000(herbs)=229500 Gold

recent image

Last edited by Cathy on 28 Oct 2013, 19:06, edited 9 times in total.

Post subject: Re: my gold guide [noob friendly]
PostPosted: 29 Sep 2012, 20:09 

Yes. Ty Cathy. And this seems to be overlooked by most non pvpers, but with religion on you an extra 40% gold drop by humanoid mobs, so while in mutants you can just walk from forest to lab and kill everything on between and double the profits.

Also you don't need to be that high lvl to do this. Just need good build and you can do boards for more gold and then head to nc or hades after you get to 500+. If you are going to be grinding for gold then it's always best to add boards quests.

White wizard, you play how you want to. Some people don't mind grinding through mobs while chatting with Friends and listening to music or whatever. Stop being so rude to others trying to help

PostPosted: 29 Sep 2012, 21:00 
Noob

Great Post Cathy .... This can help out new players lvl and earn gold at same time ...
Also if u can take the B.B. quest at star for gold or XP or both up to you ...

PostPosted: 30 Sep 2012, 02:39 
King

Another place that is similar to mutants is the areas around Underground town, yes the levels of the mobs are lower but it is easier and faster to get to than mutants. Also doesn't take a couple years to get back to mainland too. The drops are mostly animal drops, the only place that isn't mostly animal drops is abyss. The drawback of it being a lower level area is that the drops sell for less, around 200 gold at most.
Edit: By 200 gold I mean 200 gold less than mutants drops.

Last edited by Salacious Wings on 02 Oct 2012, 14:29, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: 30 Sep 2012, 04:59 
Count

In UT the mobs have fairly high gold drops just in my experience.

PostPosted: 01 Oct 2012, 06:25 
Noob

hmm use generousity pot last day i tried 1 hour gene pot n got 1.4 mil hunting at mutant lab n farm gene pot cost like 600k i think

PostPosted: 02 Oct 2012, 12:54 
Count

Once again moderated for flooding and spam. This is an informative thread and spam will be deleted due to the nature of the topic. As the orange header says above "Do not be rude, we all were new to the game at some point.". Smirny

Amendment : To all those that want to post here and spam there is a section on the forum for this. The OP requested the thread was supervised and cleared of dross messages which I have done on four consecutive days. If you do not like that then please leave a constructive post which is on topic and informative. Thank you.

Post subject: Re: My Gold Guide (noob friendly)
PostPosted: 20 Apr 2013, 16:17 
Noob

updated main post :)

PostPosted: 22 Sep 2013, 09:14 

*spoiler alert*
cathy has 19 lvl in herbalism so ignore the gold from herbs and rest which is left is true
u will hardly get 30k from herbs hunting 30mins

PostPosted: 27 Sep 2013, 13:15 
Noob

lvl 25, to be more exact, prices fluctuate, I think I've sold herbs for 2.3k per at one time...
also herbalism only gives you a higher chance to find 2 herbs instead of one.